Death of someone near and dear can be deeply distressing and bring indescribable grief.
It could make one’s thoughts come to a pause. But this grim event brings with it responsibilities that have to be fulfilled.
At a time like this, a checklist of things to do when someone dies can help one proceed with the next steps.
- Get a legal pronouncement of death – death certificate
- Covid related norms that need to be followed, if applicable
- Inform friends and family and at workplace
- Organ donation, if applicable
- Reviewing any existing funeral and burial plans
- Arranging for freezer ice box
- Arranging for transportation to the burial or cremation ground
- Making funeral, burial or cremation arrangements and last rites
- Securing assets, life insurance
- Making arrangement for kids
- Making arrangement for pets
- Forwarding mail
- Closure of social media accounts
- Counselling help for family
For 1, 2, 7, 8 you can reach out to BBMP Assistance