Kerala is in a crisis and many of you are helping in the relief efforts. Communities are conducting individual drives and dropping off at verified collection centers.
If your community is not doing an internal drive or if you have difficulty in dropping off material at a collection center, the below seems to be the easiest way to help Kerala’s Relief Efforts.
It is not Intent that stops us from helping out.
It is Logistics. Here are some ways in which you can help online with minimal effort.
1. Contribute to the Chief Minister’s relief fund on PayTM here
2. Contribute to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund directly via net banking, credit or debit card here
3. Make a monetary contribution to Goonj here
4. If you hear of a collection drive in your city, get their address and use delivery apps like Big Basket to send relief supplies like groceries, personal care items and other essentials like candles, matchboxes, dettol, cleaning supplies. Also use medicine delivery apps like Practo or PharmEasy to send essential OTC medicines
5. You can also contribute in cash through PayTM
6. For all those who cannot find collection points nearby, Amazon India has stepped up with Amazon Cares. Order online here and they will take care of logistics
For sure Kerala needs our support. As more information emerges, we will share AFTER we verify its validity, Quite likely, we will collectively take one area and fully direct our support there so as to have a full impact. Till then, all the above options are urgently needed to be acted on.
Let us continue to mobilise and help support Bengaluru relief efforts for Kerala.
1 Here are a few Whitefield Rising verified relief drives:
1.1 Prestige Ozone
Globe Moving (Roopa Venkat) has successfully sent trucks with relief supplies to Palakkad, Cochin, Vaikom and Wayanad in the past one week. The next truck with relief materials is scheduled to leave Prestige Ozone on Aug 22, Wednesday. So those in the Whitefield Area or living close by, request you to drop off the items by Aug 21st, Tuesday
Please reach out to one of us if you have any questions:
Arthi Rajesh villa 141
Manjula Rajendran villa 251
Bindhu Mohan villa 225
1.2 AacharyaA – Social Responsibility Flood Relief Materials collection to Kerala
As you are aware of the national story on Kerala floods, we are continuing our efforts on collection of relief materials and dispatching them through a trusted logistics company on 25th August 2018 at 15:00 hrs. If you wish to donate some of the below, feel free to do so and drop off at the below address. The collection will happen through this entire week (20th Aug 2018 to 25 August 2018). We have also listed our phone numbers for you to coordinate more effectively.
What you can donate 1. Water Bottle 2. Rice, Pulses, Cereals, Salt, Sugar 3. Medicines (For Fever, Cold, Cough, ORS, Electrolytes etc) 4. Bedsheets, Sleeping Mats 5. Toothpaste, Toothbrush 6. Usable dresses (for kids, Men and Woman)
Dispatch date 25th Aug 2018 (15:00 hrs)
Drop off Location AacharyaA Music & Arts Conservatory A-103, Victorian View Layout, Borewell Road, Whitefield, Bengaluru – 560066.
Phone numbers 8884280765 (Aswin) / 9886066621 (Bala) / 9731373555 (Palani)
Remember, Every bit helps at this time! Lets stay together for the God’s own Country – Kerala!