1 Bellandur ward 150
Please read on expectations from MLA 2018 candidates by clicking here
Now you can see the minutes of ward committee meetings of your ward. Please visit the BBMP portal by clicking here, click on ward number and then date to see the minutes (in Kannada)
Ward microplan – A micro plan is a solid waste management plan for the ward. You can access the ward micro plan here
2 Ward level issues
2.1 Lakes / Water / Sewerage
- Bellandur Lake Implement the Expert Committee report for Bellandur lake and all 46 upstream lakes that feed Bellandur lake. Top items include: Construction of Wetlands: 1.7 hectares for 1 MLD of untreated sewage at entry point, desilting using wet-dredging method, construction of STP to treat raw sewage before it enters lake.
- Lake violations Strict action against buffer zone violations, encroachment and sewage let into chain of lakes (From Harlur – Kasavanahalli- Kaikondrahalli-Soul kere and Ambalipura-Iblur). Stop rejuvenated lakes like Kaikondrahalli lake from deteriorating. Clear rajakaluve encroachments within 3 months. Fence buffer zones on all rajakaluves connecting the above lakes.
- Water supply pipelines Provide pipelines for all apartments by 2018 since many have paid BWSSB charges. Government to ensure that 100% of the water need is met through Cauvery Water OR other schemes, and eliminate unregulated private water tanker supply.
- UGD Connection Underground drainage for all non-apartment households / small apartments without STP.
- Stormwater Drains Functional, covered storm water drainages along every major road and connected to rajakaluves.
- Sewage Treatment Sewage treatment infrastructure of sufficient need – through STPs at lake inlets, decentralised STPs and alternate technology STPs.
- Invest in atleast 3000 sqft of miyawaki lungspace every 2sqkm of area and add 750 recharge wells on priority.
2.2 Solid Waste Management
- Garbage microplan is still not operational, fix the same
- Garbage Vehicles Additional primary (auto-tippers) and secondary (compactors) vehicles for Organic Waste and Sanitary Waste collection as per latest number of non-bulk households. Additional vehicles for Dry Waste as per latest number of non-bulk households.
- DWCC Completion of Dry Waste Collection Center at Doddakannelli – compound wall, electricity, water. Another new DWCC required since our ward requires two.
- Transfer Stations Designated Transfer Stations (lorry points) at 2 places (part A and B)
- Biogas Plant Organic Waste Processing center – 50 TPD Biogas plant was approved in cabinet. Require land.
- BBMP Ward Officers Require two Health Inspectors (part A and B)
2.3 Civic, Roads and transport
- Last mile connectivity large parts of Bellandur are not connected by BMTC. Introduce new routes with convenient and frequent services.
- Number of AEE and AE are not enough given ward size of Bellandur. We need minimal of 3.
- Public Space Identify and develop public spaces in the constituency – for children’s play areas/parks, public amenities like Bangalore One/Indira canteens. Locations: Doddakannelli land, Land strip adjacent to fire station upto Purva Sunshine, Large tracts of land adjacent to RMZ Ecospace, BBMP land at Ibblur Junction
- Scientific design / road widening
- Sarjapur Road widening: Immediate and urgent completion of Central Carriageway with necessary land acquisition. Wide Tendersure-type footpaths before other roadworks start – from Ibbalur to Carmelaram on both sides.
- Junction design and upgrade, widening and whitetopping at all junctions including: Haralur Road, Junnasandra, Kaikondrahalli, Doddakanelli and Carmelaram.
- Widening of the Wind Tunnel Road and a Police Checkpost as the nearest checkpost is 6 kms away.
- Development of 5 arterial roads – Bellandur through Huskur to ecity, ORR -doddakannelli-Carmelaram to Gunjur, Kaikondrahalli to Hosur road, Ibblur Junction to Yemalur and Bellandur to Yemalur.
- Metro Need this as long term solution. Focus on KRPuram-Silk Board Metro completion. Immediate fund allocation via loan needed rather than wait for ‘Innovative Funding’. Metro to Sarjapur Road and ORR is critical. Even phase 3 project shd be expedited.
- Suburban Rail Fund additional Suburban Rail routes and trains through Carmelaram (ensure the central fund of 50% allocation does not go waste). Development of Carmelaram station into full fledged station with regular stops for trains + suburban, pedestrian access points, parking lot, wait and transit infrastructure, ramps, skywalk and foot-over bridge between platforms, flyover at the rail crossing for motorists.
- Bus Better connectivity through BMTC buses (minibuses) to interior roads via the proposed new arterial roads. Improve routes and frequencies. Every resident should have a bus stop within 300m from her house. Detailed demands shared with BMTC–including Chakra mini-bus routes between all the Bellandur Tech Parks from Carmelaram, Kasavanhalli, Haralur, Ibblur, Ecospace (RMZ Ecospace back gate), Bellandur-Doddakanelli road, Carmelaram. Need a 5-acre bus stand in Bellandur.
- Parking issues Enforce parking rules to avoid unauthorized and haphazard parking by cars and cabs. All commercial establishment should provide self parking on all major District Roads and State Highways.Close all commercial in residential area. Close all commercial without parking provisions in violation of building plan approval
- Pedestrian infrastructure Follow IRC and DULT norms, in terms of skywalks (mandatory on signal-free corridors), footpaths, HRPCs, pelican crossings, median refuge islands, clear pathways, street light, ramps, etc. Skywalks to be built by BBMP, not on PPP model, for pedestrian safety, not advertising revenue. There are six skywalks planned in the entire Assembly constituency. However, only one has been implemented.
- PWD roads on Chikkanayakanahalli,Kodathi, Gattahalli, Choodasandra to enable grid based connect is important and they haven’t been fixed for years now
- Bellandur Central Mall Ward 150 (Sanjay Skywalk near Salarpuria Softzone might be a replacement. However it is not implemented yet.
- Outer Ring Road near Iblur junction – URGENT
- Kadubeesanahalli near JP Morgan
- Ambalipura Gate in front of Springfield Apartment
- New Horizon College of Engineering, Kadubeesanahalli
- Safety Proper street lights and CCTV surveillance in sensitive locations.
- Urban design Standardise roads with footpaths (Tendersure model). Standardise skywalks and bus shelters designs. Push for better urban planning and design with city’s heritage and mobility in mind, enforce clear commercial/residential zones.
- Violations Action against violation of plan sanctions. 1. High-rises 2. commercialisation of residential areas (Sanctioning and functioning of commercial establishments)
2.4 Education, Sports & Civic Amenities
- Need 4 large public playgrounds across the ward. WHO recommends 9 sq metre per person open space. It is currently 1 sq m – Govt should increase to 2 sq m within 1 year of election).
- One sporting facility for all disciplines
- Public library
- Bangalore ONE center in the ward.
- Two high quality government school and college and anganwadis with mid-day meals and one Indira Canteen
- Government hospital for secondary care
- Three govt ambulances on call available at key locations in the ward to attend to emergencies. (e.g. Carmelram, Sakra, Ibblur)