The article describes how as a citizen you should monitor BBMP development works for your ward.
- When BBMP declares budget every year, they allocate funds for ward development works. For example, every ward gets 3 crore for ward development by default. Then additionally, based on the corporator’s influence, they can get Mayor Grants, State Finance Commission grant and Nagarothanna Grants.
- Ward engineer then prepares a proposal for spending these funds.
- The 3 crore per ward is expensed under Program of Works (POW).
- These proposals after receiving approvals from AEE and EE will be tendered.
- All tenders will be uploaded on Karnataka Procurement Portal where contractors can bid for any work.
- The tender document should\would have details of the exact scope of work, street ID’s etc.
- Once awarded, contractor executes work and gets paid by BBMP Finance team directly.
3 How to monitor
- Citizens should look up for tender documents at Karnataka Procurement Portal and ensure every work is budgeted and accounted for.
- They need to raise questions when this flow is not followed.