This article describes how to monitor the road work in your area. For example, you can monitor the road asphalting work. To do this, you have get information from BBMP GIS portal about the work.
- Visit BBMP GIS portal at http://22.214.171.124:8080/BBMPCitizen/#/MainPage.xaml and follow instructions to download Microsoft SilverLight plugin. Firefox browser seems to work best to access this application.
- In the web application, select zone (example: Mahadevapura) and ward (example: Hagadur).
- Zoom in to the map and click on the street of your interest.
- A pop up window appears that shows the road works history details.
- Click on ‘Save as PDF’.
- View the document and get information about work orders including contractor name and phone number. Typically the work orders take the form of “ward number-Year of work-running sequence number for the various works”. e.g. 084-16-000022.
- Call the contractor and coordinate the monitoring work.
- If the information is missing, please call the Ward Engineer for your ward and request her/him to upload the missing data.
3 Ward Engineer contact details by Ward
Below details are of Mahadevapura zone.
Please note this is old information and some of the details may not be correct anymore.
|Kadugodi Ward||Ram Krishna Reddy||9916233908|
|Varthur Ward||Ramesh (AE)||9611501698|
4 Screenshot of BBMP GIS Portal Road Works Section
5 Sample Road Works Document
Help Yourselves~ #Digging #Whitefield
This was WR Volunteer Zibi Jamal’s experience in April 2021!
“As I was coming back from work today, saw 3 guys digging the road right at the entry to Windmills Road. Last week, some other guys had dug, and its a mess. One cant take a left now, have to go around.
So I stop and ask to see permission. They dont have. I ask for Supervisor, dude comes ambling by. No paperwork or letter. He says, madam I will give it to you tomorrow. I say nothing doing, call whoever, I want to see paperwork.
I can track down BBMP contacts, get Engg numbers.
As I follow up, the Vodafone wallahs says… madam, what do you want? We will close the hole. So the guys put all the mud back in, close the hole the dug. And disappear.
Bizarre is not the word.”
After my complaint…. something happened. A truck came to clear away debris. !